Monday, June 8, 2009

Operation Nice

I love watching movies from the 50's because it seems like things were calmer and more idyllic back then. Don't get me wrong. I love technology, I love my modern life, but certainly there is a lot more hubbub and stress. More than I need, definitely.

Does it seem to you like people aren't as nice as they used to be? I got into restaurants or to pay a bill or to get something from the store and it seems like most people hate their jobs and don't care a hoot to give you good service even though that's what they are there for. I mean, if you're not helping me you're just gonna go off and help some other random person that you resent, so what's the hurry?

It boils down to the fact that there's just not enough NICE to go around. And I bet that's exactly how Melissa felt when she started up Operation Nice.

Operation Nice is a web site that promotes kindness in a creative way. After all, every act of loving care, compassion and courtesy all stem from a place of niceness. Essentially she is gently bringing us back to our roots so that from there we may flourish in our various nice ways.

I think it's nice. Better than nice, really. I'd say it's awesome. Please go give Melissa some love and then head out and find someone to nice-up. You can start with me by leaving a nice comment. Hee hee. :)

No comments: