Friday, January 9, 2009

Welcome

A long time ago I started a web site, back before there even was such a thing as a "blog". Back before there were even WYSIWYG web editors. I did it from scratch and it was a popular little thing. The remnants remain, although it's not currently updated.

I decided to abandon that ship and relaunch it here. You might wonder why, when there are so many good deed web sites out there.

The short answer is, "I don't know." The long answer and the real truth is that I know full well why, but find it hard to articulate. It's a drive within me to advocate change on a small level and watch it ripple out to larger effect. Honestly, I don't care about changing the world. I'm not that person who takes the world by storm and turns it upside down and makes things happen. Most people aren't that person.

You and me... we're just normal folks who mean well. But the thing is, we still have an unbelievable power to create change -- except we do it one person at a time.

Change starts with us. Ghandi said, "Be the change you want to see in the world." We start from the center and work our way out. Make a difference one person at a time, one dollar at a time, one idea at a time. Act kindly, show compassion, bite your tongue, conquer with love, encourage peace, spread change.

Don't worry about the world. Worry about the person next to you. Start there and the rest will follow.

No comments: