Friday, March 6, 2009

Alfred Edmond Strikes Again!

Wow! Remember the story I posted a few days ago about Alfred Edmond, the man who repaid a policeman $8 about 20 years after the policeman helped him out of a jam?

Well, now the cop has been so inspired by Edmond's integrity that he has decided to "pay it forward" and start his own charity initiative called "Give 8 Ask 8" to help the homeless.

The idea is you donate $8 and ask 8 of your friends to do the same. This is EXACTLY the kind of budget philanthropy we've been talking about all this time. See the power of it? See the magic of it?

I've got goosebumps. You can read the story: at this news page

What will Alfred Edmond inspire you to do today?

3 comments:

Criss L. Cox said...

Thanks for sharing this! It's a great idea!

♥ Kathy said...

That is incredibly cool!

Alfred Edmond Jr. said...

I'm Alfred Edmond Jr., his oldest son. I have to say that this is kind of cool, and I'm glad that my father's integrity is being acknowledged and celebrated.