Friday, March 13, 2009

Pi Day!

March 14th is Pi Day! No, I didn't spell that wrong!

It's the day to celebrate the mathematical wonder that is "pi" or 3.14..... to infinity.

Have I lost my mind? What does math have to do with good deeds? NOTHING. But "pi" has a lot to do with good deeds, because "pi" sounds like "pie". Get it?

Celebrate Pi Day by donating a pie or two for a good cause. Give pie to elderly neighbors. Give pie to sick friends. Give pie to a teacher to share with her students at snack time. Give pie to your mom because she is cool and she changed your dirty diaper twelve million times.

Clear your mind and focus... who REALLY needs a pie from you?

3 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

I ♥ Pie :D

Unknown said...

Hello, I've been reading your blog posts and I love the positive stories, as well as the overall concept. As you say, not all of us have large amounts of money, but that doesn't mean we can't all do something!

I have another resource for getting involved that I thought you might be interested in. I work for Universalgiving, an online non-profit dedicated to connecting individuals to the best possible projects to donate to or volunteer with. All partner organizations pass a rigorous QualityModel to appear on our site, and we don't take any cut on donations. Many of our opportunities don't require large amounts of money--ten or fifteen dollars can make an enormous difference to someone. Check us out at www.universalgiving.org if you're curious, or feel free to email me any thoughts or questions! I also write for our blog, which you can see at www.philanthrobuzz.wordpress.com, where we've highlighted many simple and inexpensive ways to do good.

Wishing you all the best with your site. I love it that you're suggesting ways to get involved!

Best,
Cheryl Mahoney
cmahoney@universalgiving.org

R. Molder said...

Pi day was great! Glad to see someone else celebrated this day. Thanks for stopping by my blog!