Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spirit Jump



Some time ago I did a post about Chemo Angels (and Senior Angels) on another blog of mine called A Passion for Letter Writing.

Recently I ran across a similar organization called Spirit Jump that has a slightly broader recipient base and looser format. With Chemo Angels there is some level of extended commitment that is difficult for me, personally, to participate in. I love the idea and when I read about it I realized with my lifestyle there was just no possible way to keep up with something on a weekly basis without completely messing it up at some point. (I think I've finally learned to be realistic about my capabilities.)

Now, a one-time mailing? THAT I can do! And that is one of the great things about Spirit Jump. From what I read you can do as little or as much as you like.

I hope that you will head over to Spirit Jump and learn about their program of supporting cancer victims by lifting their spirits through care, kindness, letter writing and gift-giving.

Get ready for some instant feel good!

3 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

That sounds cool Wendy. I'll have to check it out :)

My Cancer Scoreboard said...

Wendy -

Thank you SO very much for featuring our site!! I cannot tell you how much Meaghan and I appreciate the publicity. We want as many people as possible to know about the program! Thanks for helping us with our project!

Stacy
www.spiritjump.com
www.cancerscore.blogspot.com

Wendy said...

Stacy, my pleasure. Such a worthy venture!! I've been promoting locally, too. Strangely, I know one person doing chemo, one person doing radiation and one person who just finished radiation (that didn't work) and who is deciding what to do next. Seems like a sudden "epidemic" in our neck of the woods.

Anyway, your work is great. Keep it up!